Defrag Stuck at 1% No Matter How Many Time I Run It
Defrag is stuck at one percent even though I have ran it a dozen times completely, this was the case with my system reserve partition too a while ago it was stuck at 14%, now my system reserve partition when it is defraged returns to 0% but my system partition
is stuck at 1% no matter how many times I run defrag it seems can that be solved anyhow?
Anwsers to the Problem Defrag Stuck at 1% No Matter How Many Time I Run It
Neither the Auslogics or Microsoft Disk Defragmenters defragment the pagefile.
If you allow Windows to manage the pagefile and the free disk space is less than 50% of the volume in which the pagefile resides, the pagefile fragments.
The way to avoid this problem is to place the pagefile in it's own partition or to have a fixed minimum = maximum pagefile created before the free disk space reduces below 50%.
This Article tells you how to get round the problem using the Auslogics utility
Whther the Auslogics solution always works is questionable. To recreate the pagefile you have to restart the computer.
The shutdown causes entries to be written to files so that if there was already limited free disk space these entries start the fragmentation
process once again.
The new pagefile is created early in the boot process but the files and free disk space have already started to fragment.
The Auslogics solution will certainly improve the situation but less so if the free disk space is say only 20% of
Hope this helps, Gerry Cornell
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Defrag Stuck at 1% No Matter How Many Time I Run It:
How to Fix Defrag Stuck at 1% No Matter How Many Time I Run It with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 126.96.36.199059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.188.8.131.52 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.184.108.40.206,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: [Solution] Data Source Name,Debug Assertion Failure,Fast Solution to Error: DataTier.API.dll is missing my computer,How Can You Fix - design review 2010 non funziona con windows 7?,How Can You Fix - Cut first 5 characters in column?