Default page size was changed, can't change it back
I'm running Word 2008 on a Mac, and somehow after my latest update the default page size got changed from 8.5x11 to 6x8.
I've never used 6x8, never needed to change the page size, so I have no idea on how it happened.
And, I can't for the life of me figure
out how to change it back.
I have looked at the Normal.dotm document and it appears to be the same size, so I know that's where the issue is.
I tried taking an existing 8.5x11 document and renaming it Normal.dotm, but that didn't work.
When I click on Format--> Document -->Page setup, it shows that my paper size is 8.5x11.
I tried clicking on Settings --> Save as default in that dialogue box thinking it would save the 8.5x11 as the default, but no such luck.
I know this is probably a simple fix, but my brain is all mushy from trying to figure it out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Keys to the Problem Default page size was changed, can't change it back
I usually recommend renaming the Normal template versus deleting it.
Just in case you had styles, toolbars, or macros that you want to port over to the new one.
Word will regenerate a new Normal template when it can't find a current one on your system.
The template is in the following directory and depending on your OS X version you may have to open Finder and paste this path into the Finder > Go > Go to Folder...
~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates
There you will find the Normal.dotm template.
Again, I recommend naming it to oldNormal.dotm but if you want to move it to the Trash that of course if your choice.
Hope this helps
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Default page size was changed, can't change it back:
How to Fix Default page size was changed, can't change it back with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 184.108.40.206059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.220.127.116.11 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.18.104.22.168,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: Troubleshoot:Dell photo AIO printer 994 does not work on windows 8 Error,Solution to Error: deleted wrong process in task manager,Tech Support: Desktop Icon issue - large,WLAN icon appears on desktop,Fast Solution to Error: Desktop shortcut icons for Word files,Troubleshoot:Custom data validation using two criteria