am unable to open .hlp file on Windows 7 machine
I am unable to open .hlp file on Windows 7 machine.
I have followed the instructions given on microsoft website but after installing the update it started giving me another error as "Cannot display this help file.
Try opening this help file again, and if
you still get this message copy the help file in different drive and try again." Could you please assist me into this.
Solutions to the Problem am unable to open .hlp file on Windows 7 machine
Hi Sagar D,
Which steps did you try from the Microsoft article?
Which help file are you trying to open?
I would suggest you to download and run winhelp32.exe from the following link and run the file.
Try the remaining steps also from the following article.
Why can’t I use the Help feature in some programs?
It is possible to receive help error messages if the Local Intranet Zone Settings are too restrictive.
To change the Local Intranet Zone Settings
Open Internet Options (Start | Control Panel | Internet Options).
If you do not see it then type Internet Options in the
search box at the top left.
Select the Security tab.
Select Local Intranet.
Click the Sites button.
Clear the Automatically detect intranet network check box.
Select (Check) all three checkboxes
Include all local (intranet) sites not listed in other zones, Include all sites that bypass the proxy server and Include all network paths (UNCs) check boxes.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix am unable to open .hlp file on Windows 7 machine
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: am unable to open .hlp file on Windows 7 machine:
How to Fix am unable to open .hlp file on Windows 7 machine with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: Another problem with system 32,All the viewers using Internet Explorer had experienced difficulty especially in downloading documents from by blog.How do I make Internet Explorer reader friendly on my blog? [Anwsered],Troubleshooting:Any workaround to have a range name start with a number? Error,How to Fix Problem - Anyone having trouble opening yahoo mail through IE8??,Application hang when Tablet PC Input service running [Solved],After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open