after being in sleep mode no icons on desktop, have to shut down for icons to reappear
brand new computer....after letting computer go to hybernate all i get is the desktop pic, no icons.
I have to shut the computer off with the button on the computer then turn it back on , then the icons come back..have had the computer back to best buy
two times,,same thing happens..the computer is one week old...very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anwsers to the Problem after being in sleep mode no icons on desktop, have to shut down for icons to reappear
It sounds like you could have a virus or other malware.
Get your antivirus program up to date and boot into
Note that some viruses can hide themselves from your antivirus program in normal mode, so you really need to scan in
To get into Safe Mode when you first power up, hit F8 about once a second until you get the menu and select Safe Mode.
Then run a full system scan.
Microsoft has suggestions and offerings at
Forum moderator Keith has some suggestions along this line at
If that fixes it, fine.
If not, use System Restore to go back to a date prior to the beginning of the problem.
To run System Restore, click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
Click the box that says
Show more restore points.
You can check for corrupted system files.
Open an administrator command prompt and run SFC if the above doesn't help.
Click START, then type
sfc in the search box, right-click SFC.EXE and click Run as administrator.
Then from the command prompt type
Finally if all else fails, you can check the rather cryptic system event log.
To do so click Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer.
Once in Event Viewer click on the system log and scroll through the entries looking for those flagged
"error" to see if you can find hints as to where the problem could be.
I hope this helps.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error after being in sleep mode no icons on desktop, have to shut down for icons to reappear has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: after being in sleep mode no icons on desktop, have to shut down for icons to reappear:
How to Fix after being in sleep mode no icons on desktop, have to shut down for icons to reappear with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How to Resolve - Adding Web pages to favorites with Internet Explorer 11?,Troubleshooting:Adding a harddrive as a data drive that previously had win 7 installed on it,Troubleshoot:Additional Data on Column Chart,How to Fix Problem - Adobe Active X 10?,Troubleshoot:administrator cannot save files in Program files directory,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded