After a new install of Windows 7, getting a message "Preparing Security Options"
I am currently having the same issue on a fresh installation of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Reinstalling does not solve the issue. Does anyone happen to know the CAUSE of the issue? I have applied all available Windows updates, and have troubleshot the
well-known Panther log file issue; no success yet.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Keys to the Problem After a new install of Windows 7, getting a message "Preparing Security Options"
• When exactly do you get this error?
• What is the exact error message you are getting?
Run SFC Scan and check if it resolves the issue.
Use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file.
To do this, follow these steps:
Open an elevated command prompt.
To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password,
or click Allow.
Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
More Information about SFC scan can be found in this document:
Run the check disc (CHKDSK) command from WINRE [Windows Recovery Environment.
Note: Performing this operation could cause loss of data on your computer; it is recommended that you backup all the important data on the computer prior to performing this operation.
a) Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer using the computer's power button.
b) Do one of the following:
• If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.
You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears.
If the Windows logo appears, you need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt
appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
• If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.
On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter.
(If Repair your computer isn't listed as an option, then your computer doesn't include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator
has turned them off.)
Select a keyboard layout, and then click Next.
e) On the System Recovery Options menu, click on Command Prompt.
Access the link below to know more the System Recovery Options:
f) At the Command Prompt, type chkdsk DriveLetter: /p /r
where DriveLetter is C in your case.
The Chkdsk program checks the hard drive for errors and repairs any error it finds.
Chkdsk takes at least twenty minutes, an hour or more is also possible.
g) After the Chkdsk program is finished, type exit, then press Enter to restart the computer.
Hope this helps.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After a new install of Windows 7, getting a message "Preparing Security Options":
How to Fix After a new install of Windows 7, getting a message "Preparing Security Options" with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Adding and opening Favourites in IE 9,Solution to Error: after I sign in to hotmail the system get stuck at http:\/\/mail.live.com\/default.aspx..how can I fix this,How Can I Fix - adjustment of brightness not working on sony vaio?,Troubleshoot:Add to Favorites on toolbar disabled Error,Fast Solution to Problem: Adobe Acrobat won't install,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded