Thursday 28 April 2016

[Solved] All of my desktop icons have changed to Windows Media Center

All of my desktop icons have changed to Windows Media Center

My desktop icons and now everything show a icon for windows media center.When I click on any icon, it will open media center.
I tried to default the programs and tried to switch windows features off but they wont work.
Can someone please tell me how to
fix this.

Solutions to the Problem All of my desktop icons have changed to Windows Media Center

Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now

Hi,
• Was there any changes made prior to this issue?
Step 1: Run the fix it from “When you run an .exe file on a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer, the file may start a different program”http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950505
Step 2: Or, create a new user account and check.
Check the link “Create a user account”
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Create-a-user-account
If the issue does not persist in new user account do the steps in the following link “Fix a corrupted user profile”http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile
Diana
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message.
By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

To check for Windows updates. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update. In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer. If any updates are found, click Install updates.

Install the latest updates for Windows and for the program displaying the error. Note that the update for the program might be listed as an optional update on the Windows Update page.

Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: All of my desktop icons have changed to Windows Media Center:

How to Fix All of my desktop icons have changed to Windows Media Center with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your computer.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related:
Read More: Troubleshoot:All my control panel items are missing in windows7.When i open its just a blank window with no items in it,how do i get my control panel items back?,Solution to Problem: All networks, when connected to, display as an unknown network without internet access.,How to Fix - All Links to IE8 as my Default Browser have stopped working?,Troubleshoot:All my programs open with Windows Media Player. How do I get them back to their opriginal state?,Solution to Error: All of my microsoft documents say the section is locked how do I unlock it?,After installing Internet Explorer 9 for Windows XP, Internet Explorer says that the website cannot be displayed,After installing Afrikaans dictionary, sending an email in english it automatically defaults to afrikaans,All font downsized so small I can hardly read it.,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,All desk icons open Media Player

No comments:

Post a Comment